Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life begins at 40!

I celebrated my 40th Birthday a couple of months ago.  And now that the number has had time to settle upon me...I have to ask...What's all the worry about?  Of course, for me turning 40 means something a little different that it does for most women.  I just gave birth to our 3rd child one month before the big 4-0.  Having 3 young children puts my aging in a whole new prespective. They make me plan for the furture.  To look ahead and not behind.  Because of them, life, for me, begins at 40!

Sure, I worry about my age a bit.  I'll be much older than most of the moms of my children's friends.  It may be hard from time to time to make a good "connection" with the younger moms.  But, I think the common love we share, our children, will overcome the age barrier.  Afterall, no matter what our age, we share that bond of motherhood.

Yes, I'm excited about the new adventures that are ahead.  I know I'll be scared to death at times, but still excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment